Ongoing £18,000 British Government Chevening Scholarships for 2022-2023
Chevening Scholarships 2022/2023 is a UK government scholarship that is awarded to international students from all over the world, who have strong academic backgrounds and who also demonstrate leadership potential. The scholarship offers financial support to study for a masters degree at any UK university and the opportunity to become part of an influential global network of 50,000 alumni.
Chevening provides fully-funded scholarships, leaving you to freely focus on achieving your academic goals and enjoy the experience of a lifetime. You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, grow your network, experience the culture of the UK, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
These scholarships represent a significant investment from the government of the UK to develop the next cohort of global leaders and the call for new applicants follows the selection of some 1,800 scholars who won an award to study at a UK university this year.
Table of Contents
About the British Government Chevening Scholarship, UK
The Chevening scholarship program is the UK Government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders. It is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and its partner organizations. Chevening offers two types of awards which are: Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships. The recipients of these awards are personally selected by the British embassies and high commissions throughout the world.
Why choose British Government Chevening Scholarships?
- The program creates a network of influencers and decision-makers who have a lasting positive disposition towards the UK
- Its university partnerships enable closer connections to be developed between the partner organization, the FCO, and the extensive Chevening Alumni network with over 50,000 Alumni all around the World.
- Yearly Chevening Scholarship awards scholarships to study in the UK to a minimum of 1,500 students across the eligible countries. You too can be one today. Every country has its quota, (Africa, Nigeria, Brazil, Pakistan, the United Kingdom, United States, Kenya, and many other Countries).
- Chevening is removing the English Language requirement for the 2022 Chevening Scholarship, due to the COVID-19 effect on work, study, and travel
- Applicants must have gained unconditional admission to any of the three eligible programs that they applied for in the Chevening Scholarship program.
- The COVID-19 challenge may likely affect the way Chevening conducts interviews for successful applicants in 2022. The interview may have to be online.
- Depending on the global health situation, by the time your program commences, you may have to start your program from your home country while receiving stipends from Chevening until such a time when it is safe to travel to the UK.
Details of this scholarship
The details of this scholarship are as follows:
Level/ Field of Study:
This scholarship is for international students pursuing their Masters studies in the UK in whatever field they desire or choose.
The Chevening UK Government Scholarship is hosted in the United Kingdom (UK). If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for your complete guide to getting a UK tier student visa for international students.
Countries Eligible for Chevening Scholarships:
The Chevening UK Government Scholarship is hosted in the United Kingdom (UK). If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is your complete guide to getting a UK tier student visa for international students.
International students from all countries around the world are eligible for the Chevening UK government scholarship.
How much is the Chevening scholarship?
The Chevening Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship worth over £18,000, and this is just what many students are looking for.
Benefits of this scholarship
The Scholarship takes care of the following expenses for every lucky winner:
- Tuition fees
- Living costs
- Travel costs
- Visa costs
- Contribution to health tests i.e. TB (tuberculosis) testing where required.
Duration of this scholarship
The Chevening opportunity duration lasts for one full year and it is renewable for students who are already enjoying the package.
How can I become a Chevening scholar?
To become one of the British Chevening scholars, you will need to:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a postgraduate program at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience
- Apply for three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices.
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement.
1. The Application of the Chevening Scholarship follows immediately after you have read through the requirements.
2. The Application is done online; so, debunk any information about the application form offline.
3. Also note that you can only use the online platform to apply. Individuals who want to apply for Chevening scholarships 2022 can do so through the official Chevening scholarship login portals listed below: Chevening website, where they can download the Chevening scholarship application form pdf.
If you applied for this Chevening scholarship program before the deadline, but have not yet submitted your English language test results or your unconditional university offer, you must upload them to your application immediately. Use the ‘upload application documents’ button above to upload them. Please note that only documents in PDF format can be uploaded and documents cannot be over 5MB in size.
If you are eventually conditionally selected for a Chevening Scholarship, it is essential that you should submitted these documents in order to remain in the process. The documents required are as follows:
- English Language Requirements
In order to receive a Chevening award, all applicants must demonstrate that they have fulfilled the Chevening English language requirement. All applicants are advised to ensure that they have fulfilled the English language requirement as early as possible by doing the following:
- Taking an English language test
- Claiming an exemption based on the UKVI exempt categories
Also, please note that if you fail to demonstrate that you have met the required English language level or fail to prove that you qualify for an exemption, your application will not be successful.
2. English language tests
You are free to take tests more than once in order to meet the Chevening English language requirement. Also note that Chevening does not pay for costs associated with English language testing. You are responsible for booking and paying for costs associated with these tests.
Chevening accepts English language tests from five providers:
- Academic IELTS
- Pearson PTE Academic
- TOEFL iBT
- C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge English: Advanced [CAE])
- Trinity ISE II (B2)
The English language test must be taken from one of these providers. If you do not already have an existing eligible test certificate, you have a duty to ensure that you have booked a test date so that you can obtain the required results. Applicants are not permitted to take pre-sessional courses to fulfill the Chevening English language requirement. You will be required to take one of the approved English language tests unless you fall into one of the exempt categories. Applicants are also not permitted to enroll in pre-sessional courses to fulfill their university’s English language requirement or any other conditions of a university offer. Any offer from a university with a requirement to undertake a pre-sessional course will be considered conditional.
In some countries, the availability of test centers is limited, so it is recommended that you organize a test at the earliest opportunity. If there are no English language test centers in your country, you may be required to travel to a neighboring country to take a test. See your country page for further guidance.
Please, also note that the turnaround time for English language tests varies. English language test results are sometimes withheld or delayed due to standard auditing procedures carried out by the test provider. Note these:
- IELTS results will be available in 13 days. You can secure a Chevening scholarship without IELTS.
- PTE Academic results will be available in five business days
- TOEFL results will be available approximately ten days
- C1 Advanced results will be available in two weeks
- Trinity results will be available in 14 days
Remember to prepare for your English language test well and in advance. Tips on how to prepare for the tests and practice test papers are available on each of the test provider’s websites.
Also note that extension of the deadline will not be granted in cases where results are withheld or delayed, and applicants should, therefore, ensure that they take their tests well in advance of the deadline.
- Other required documents
Please send completed copies of the acceptance form, data preferences form, medical form, and client care letter and ensure you include all the relevant pages. Also, send each form as a PDF document, do not send individual pages.
Your FAL will be issued after you have submitted all of the necessary documents and after we have received confirmation of your course details directly from the university, your FAL will then be processed by our international team who will send it on to your embassy/high commission for confirmation. Please be patient as you wait, because there is a high volume of scholars being processed at this time. Also, concerning your signature, a manual signature is preferred. However, if you are unable to print the documents and scan them into your computer, then an electronic signature will be accepted.
Is Chevening Scholarship 2022 still ongoing?
Yes, it is ongoing!
Applications for Chevening Scholarships 2022/2023 opened on 2 AUGUST 2022. Application deadline is by 1 NOVEMBER 2022.
Will I be notified of the Chevening Scholarships and when?
Yes, you will. You will be notified if you have been selected for an interview.
Application Upload and Submission
Applications normally end in November every year. Therefore, applications are meant to be submitted before November. If you submitted your initial application without your English language test results or your unconditional offer letter, you can still upload them to your application by 1 NOVEMBER 2022, which is the deadline.
Use this link: APPLY HERE
Are there any countries that have English language exemptions in the Chevening Scholarship Application?
Applicants who are nationals of one of the following countries are exempt from submitting an English language test for a Chevening Award.
Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, the United States of America, and British Overseas Territories.
Applicants who have been awarded a bachelor’s degree or higher that was taught in full in a university located and accredited in one of the following countries below are also exempt from submitting an English language test for a Chevening Scholarship, they are:
Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, the UK, and the United States of America.
The exemption from the Chevening English language requirement will not be granted for distance learning courses or studying at the overseas campus of a university based in an exempt country. However, evidence of studying abroad in one of the exempt countries for at least one academic year as part of an accredited degree course will be granted the English language exemption.
The Chevening UK Government Scholarship is hosted in the United Kingdom (UK). If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is your opportunity to get a UK tier student visa for studying abroad and the good thing is that international students from all countries around the world are eligible for the Chevening UK government scholarship. Maximize this opportunity now! Apply immediately. The application is still open.